Making the Most of Your Mask
I've seen a lot of facial clients since mandatory masks were implemented. Some people must wear masks daily at work for extended periods of time. Others choose to wear them both indoors and outdoors, almost all day, everyday. Although this may be helping on one level, it has also caused many people's skin to suffer in various ways.
This is not a discussion about the efficacy of wearing masks. I am here to give you some practical tips to keep your skin underneath the mask as healthy as possible. There is a bunch of bacteria that builds up under these things. The warm, moist environment is a perfect breeding ground for the type of bacteria that are not beneficial for us. We need to ensure we take extra good care of our skin to maintain it looking its best. Some of these may be common sense to many of you.
1. Remove your mask as often as possible - go some place where you feel safe enough to take off your mask. This will allow your skin to breathe and receive the beneficial molecules of fresh air.
2. Change your mask regularly - if you are required to wear a mask for any length of time, purchase multiple masks and put on a fresh one every 2 hours.
3. Wash your masks with non toxic & unscented soap - the best option for yourself and the environment is to buy fabric masks. These need to be washed ongoing and be sure to use unscented detergents. You don't want to be breathing in the synthetic fragrances that are in most commercial products as this will wreak havoc on your immune system and weaken it over time.
4. Add some pure essential oils to the inside of your mask - you can easily create a spritzer with your old bottles. Add a few drops of your favourite essential oil, top up with water and voila! Mist onto the inside of your mask several times a day for multiple benefits.
Here are a few ideas of oils that will benefit you and your skin...
5. Spray some doTERRA On Guard sanitizing mist on the outside of your mask to kill 99.9 % of germs and bacteria. It's extremely fine, quick drying mist is infused with the benefits of a blend of essential oils that will help protect against environmental threats.
The blend of Clove, Cinnamon, Eucalyptus, Rosemary and Wild Orange essential oils may be a little too strong for spraying on the inside of the mask because it will be touching your delicate facial skin.
6. Keep your skin well hydrated from the inside out - drink plenty of spring water every day and consume essential fatty acids to support cellular health as well as the skin's elasticity and suppleness.
7. Moisturize your skin regularly - use all natural ingredients that won't add to your toxic load.
8. Cleanse your skin - weekly gentle exfoliation and daily cleansing are recommended.
9. Get a holistic facial at the Wholistic Care Center - experience for yourself the delightful pampering of one of my holistic facials. Your skin will get the proper nourishment it so desperately craves to maintain its youthfulness and luster. Treat yourself to skin care the way nature intended using the finest of ingredients that work with the cells to balance, harmonize, rejuvenate, & revitalize the delicate skin of the face and neck. Pure plant essences and extracts mixed with nourishing seed and nut oils create an intoxicating bouquet for your senses to rejoice in. Your skin will definitely thank you.